Man Arrested In Gainesville Road Rage Incident
A Gainesville man is behind bars Saturday after police say he pointed a loaded gun at a driver for cutting him off.
Police said William Escue, 30, was traveling southbound on Highway 441 around 8 a.m. Saturday when a driver pulled out in front of him.
When the woman turned left on 53rd Avenue, that's when police said Escue followed her, went around oncoming traffic and slammed on his brakes. He pulled up next to the victim's car and pointed a shotgun at her and her 10 year-old son.
"She was definitely in fear for her safety," Lt. Alan Willis said. "She thought for sure based on the totality of everything, when she saw the shotgun, her life and her son's life were in imminent danger and was upset about the situation."
Escue is charged with two counts of aggravated assault and one count of reckless driving.
Police say Escue does have a permit to carry a concealed weapon.
- Two Arrested On Aggravated Assault Charges After Road Rage Incident
- Gainesville Man Arrested, Charged In 2009 Sexual Battery Incident
- Road Rage Shooting
- Man arrested after standoff in SW Gainesville
- Gainesville Man Stopped for Seat Belt Violation, Arrested for Drug Possession
- Gainesville Man Arrested for Animal Abuse
- Gainesville Man Arrested For Luring Woman Through Craigslist Ad
- Gainesville Man Arrested on Drug Charges Following Traffic Stop
- Deputies: Man Arrested After Stealing Oxycontin Pills At Gainesville Pharmacy
- Gainesville Man Arrested For Molesting Teenage Girl on Black Friday