Man Faces Attempted Murder Charge Over MySpace Dispute
A Mayo man is in jail Sunday after a dispute over a MySpace page.
Gainesville Police say Bricen Bowden, 23, and Christine Roberts were arguing at an apartment at the District of 62nd complex, 1000 SW 62nd Blvd, when Roberts threw a glass mug at Bowden's head.
Bowden then grabbed a large kitchen knife, kicked in a bedroom door and started stabbing Roberts in the arm, according to the police report.
The victim told officers that Bowden screamed "I'm going to kill you," while he was attacking her.
"Those actions clearly show that his intent is to kill her as opposed to just taking a knife and cutting somebody," Lt. Allan Willis said. "He is showing he has the intent by saying, 'I'm gonna kill you' and trying to carry out those actions."
Bowden is currently in the Alachua County Jail, facing attempted murder charges.
Roberts was issued a sworn complaint for aggravated battery.
- Lake City Man Faces Attempted Murder Charges, After Shooting Friend
- Two Face Attempted Murder Charges In Brutal Beating Incident
- Man Charged With Attempted Murder After Shooting Girlfriend's Car
- Man arrested on attempted murder charges following attack at bar
- DNA leads to a man being charged with attempted murder
- Dixie County man faces murder charges
- Old George Zimmerman MySpace Page Surfaces
- Man Shoots at Deputies, Charged with Attempted Murder
- 14-year-old Charged with Attempted Murder
- Ocala Teen Charged as an Adult for Attempted Second Degree Murder