Marine Laid to Rest
It was a tearful and emotional day for those who knew Marine Lance Corporal Phillip Clark.
Starting with his funeral service this morning at the Queen of Peace Catholic Church in Alachua county, and ending at the Florida National Cemetery in Bushnell.
After the American flag that covered Clark's casket was given to his young wife, two Marines presented Clark's family with the purple heart.
Six marines accompanied Clark on the last leg of his long journey; he now rests with heroes; some who shared a similar fate.
Friday, Governor Charlie Crist ordered that the flags in Alachua county and at the state capitol be at half staff in Philip Clark's honor.
- Union County Sheriff Laid to Rest
- Second Victim In I-75 Accident Laid To Rest
- Retired Gainesville Police Officer Laid to Rest
- Two Crossing Guards Laid to Rest
- University Police Officer Laid to Rest
- Ocala officer laid to rest
- Former Waldo police chief laid to rest
- A Highly Respected Gainesville Surgeon Is Laid To Rest
- 85 Year Old Woman Laid Off After 68 Years At Same Job
- Zimmerman Trial: State Rests Its Case