Officials Step Up Presence At Area Lakes
Over Memorial Day weekend, many people head to the beach and also to the area lakes to go boating.
Florida Fish and Wildlife is stepping up their presence to make sure everyone is doing things the safe way. Officers will look for people who are operating boats under the influence and make sure everyone has the proper safety equipment. They will check to make sure everyone has life jackets and have their navigation lights on during the night. If you don't have the proper equipment, you might end up with a $61 ticket instead. Governor Charlie Crist has announced everyone in Florida will have two free fishing weekends starting Saturday to fish saltwater species throughout the state.
- Officials: Drunk Driver Hits, Kills Lake City Woman
- Boost in Law Enforcement Presence in Schools
- UF President Bernie Machen Will Not Step Down
- Gainesville Gay Rights Activists Celebrate SCOTUS Decision on Steps of City Hall
- Internet Sales Tax Takes Step Forward
- Gainesville Students Return While Staff Step Up In Wake of Newtown Tragedy
- Baby Born On Front Steps Of Lawtey City Hall
- Authorities May Be One Step Closer To Catching Their Suspect
- Marion County looks to step up school security
- Florida Takes Steps to Protect the Honey Business