There are multiple victims in a shooting in the town of Bell. We have confirmed there are deaths.
Organizers Collect $6,000 In Rubber Duck Race Fundraiser
North Central Florida is well known for many types of racing, from drag racing to horse racing. But an unusual race brought many spectators to a park in Ocala Saturday.
Saturday, families gathered at Tuskawilla Park to see little rubber ducks race for charity in the first Mid-Florida Duck Derby.
The event raised money for the Children's Home Society of Florida's child abuse and neglect prevention and intervention services. The top 40 finishers won prizes such as one thousand dollars cash, and gift certificates to local merchants.
Over 11 hundred rubber ducks were in the race, which helped raise nearly $6,000.
- Inmate Labor Saves Close to $6,000 in June
- Gainesville Airport Collects 8,000 Shoes For Haiti Earthquake Victims
- What $40,000 Gets You in Presidential Fundraising
- Ducks to be Removed from Historic Duck Pond Neighborhood in Gainesville
- Residential Fee Collection
- Trash Piling Up As Collection Stops
- Gainesville Woman Continues To Collect Truckloads Of Donations For Haiti
- Cub Scouts Go Door-To-Door Collecting Food For Gainesville Ministries
- Postal Workers Collect Donated Food For Area Charities
- After Months of Collecting, Toys for Tots can Deliver