Police Investigate Thieves Stealing Checks Across Fla.
It's becoming more common here in North Central Florida. Thieves from South Florida coming up I-75 and stealing checks and credit cards from cars in gyms and parks. Thieves broke into a car at a local gym on Thursday, stealing credit cards and then went to Ocala to purchase expensive merchandise. Gainesville Police estimate that over the past year, 70% of all car burglaries ended up like this. The crooks are getting smarter by using the farthest lanes from bank tellers. They also disguise themselves by wearing wigs and sunglasses. The best way to stop them is to take valuables with you or locking them in your car's glove compartment. Police say when the thieves are caught it is hard to keep them in jail because the crime ring will often pay their bail.
- Fla. Man Charged With Stealing Headstone Vases
- Fla. Court Upholds Weekly Check-in for Offenders
- Authorities Investigate South Fla. Day Care Death
- Thieves Steal Christmas Gifts from Broward County Family
- Thieves Busted for Stealing Copper
- Thieves Steal Phones from AT&T Store
- Thieves Caught On Camera Stealing Christmas Decorations
- Fla. Police Want to Use Drones for Crowd Control
- Fla. Court Rules Against Police Over Pot Arrests
- Ocala Woman Accused of Stealing $53,000 In Checks