Residents: It's a Mobile Home Scam
They thought they were buying homes..
Instead, they bought a line.
Lake City Police are investigating a growing number of complaints about a mobile home salesman.
In January, Charita Williams of Lake City says she decided to buy a home for $7,5000 from Glen Williams, a private contractor for Green Tree Servicing... a mobile home company in Jacksonville... but spent months waiting on him to deliver the home.
She says she later learned he never bought the home from Green Tree. She says instead, he pocketed the money.
Police say there could be more people who were stiffed by Glen Williams and people who work for him.
There's a warrant for Williams' arrest for a complaint police received in January.
Williams would not return TV 20's phone calls.
- Eastern Marion mobile home residents encouraged to evacuate
- As Residents Complain of Biomass Smell, Plant Officials Say It's Only Temporary
- Crist Vetos 'Landmark' Energy Bill, Says It's Not Enough
- Suspicious Phone Calls to Residents are a Scam
- Ocala Warns Residents of Utility Bill Scam
- City of Ocala warning residents against scam
- Four Mobile Homes Destroyed by Fires in Citra
- Three Arrests Made for Citra Mobile Home Fires
- Four Dogs Killed, 20 Others Injured, After Mobile Home Goes Up in Flames
- Tree Falls on Ocala Mobile Home