Residents: It's a Mobile Home Scam
They thought they were buying homes..
Instead, they bought a line.
Lake City Police are investigating a growing number of complaints about a mobile home salesman.
In January, Charita Williams of Lake City says she decided to buy a home for $7,5000 from Glen Williams, a private contractor for Green Tree Servicing... a mobile home company in Jacksonville... but spent months waiting on him to deliver the home.
She says she later learned he never bought the home from Green Tree. She says instead, he pocketed the money.
Police say there could be more people who were stiffed by Glen Williams and people who work for him.
There's a warrant for Williams' arrest for a complaint police received in January.
Williams would not return TV 20's phone calls.
- Suspicious Phone Calls to Residents are a Scam
- Ocala Warns Residents of Utility Bill Scam
- Buck Bay Mobile Home Park
- Fire Destroys Gainesville Mobile Home
- Police Respond To Standoff At Gainesville Mobile Home
- Ocala Mobile Home Goes Up In Flames
- Mobile Home Fraud, Again.
- Mobile Home Fires Confirmed As Arson
- End of the Line for Mobile Home Scammer
- Heater Destroys Mobile Home