Vietnam War Veterans Honor Fallen Soldiers
Memorial day weekend is here, and veterans around North Central Florida are preparing for the upcoming holiday.
Dick Davis, along with many other war veterans, tied ribbons around trees Saturday morning in honor of those fallen soldiers. 136 yellow ribbons were tied around 136 trees, representing Vietnam veterans who died in the line of duty. The display can be found off of Archer Road, and the ribbons will be up all week.
"We never want to forget that, and at the front of the flag pole at the monument at the bottom, there's a great description of what the ribbons are for, for those people that died in those two wars,"
There will be a ceremony at Forrest Meadows Cemetary Monday morning at 10 a.m. to honor the holiday.
- Honoring Fallen Soldiers and Veterans in Marion County
- Vietnam-era Soldier Receives Honor
- North Central Florida Honors Fallen Soldier
- Korean War Vets Honored for Service Ahead of Veterans Day
- Korean War Veterans Honored
- UF fraternity honors World War II veteran
- Memorial for Fallen Iraq War Veterans Unveiled
- Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day
- World War II Veterans Honored by France
- Tombstone Display Remembers Soldiers Killed in War on Terror