Child, 2, Seriously Injured After Crawling Under SUV
A two-year-child is in serious condition after she was run over by a SUV.
Florida Highway Patrol trooper said Robert Thornton, 24, of Hawthorne, went to move a 1995 Ford SUV and didn't realize that Kira Sykes, 2, of Crescent City, had crawled under the vehicle.
FHP officials said the two-year-old child was attempted to crawl out from the SUV, when the right rear tire "rolled over" the child's midsection.
Kira was taken to Shands UF with serious injuries.
- Five Injured After SUV Overturns On I-75 In Alachua County
- Family Honors Child, Helps Community
- SUV Hits Train Near Morriston; Nine People Injured
- UPDATE: Pilot Seriously Injured In Small Plane Crash
- Motorcylist Seriously Injured, Attacked By Wild Turkey
- Cross City Woman Seriously Injured by Jumping Sturgeon
- Semi Truck Crash in Marion County Leaves Driver Seriously Injured
- Woman, 39, Dies After Crashing SUV Into Tree
- One Man Dead, Another in Serious Condition After Marion County Car Crash
- Teenage Mother Arrested After Child Found Alone By Dumpster