Commission Recalls Approximately Two Million Dishwashers
A warning for anyone with a dishwasher, it could be a fire hazard. The consumer product safety commission is issuing a recall for about two million dishwashers.
Anyone with a Maytag, Amana, Jenn-Air, Admiral, Magic Chef, Performa by Maytag or a Crosley dishwasher should stop using their dishwasher.
Maytag received a dozen reports of dishwashers overheating resulting in fires.
No injuries have been reported.
The defective dishwashers were sold at department and appliance stores from February 2006 through April of this year.
If your dishwasher is included in the recall, you can receive a rebate for the purchase of a new one. Anyone affected are asked not to return the appliance to the store.
SERIAL number STARTING with: NW39, NW40, NW41, NW42, NW43, NW44, NW45, NW46, NW47, NW48, NW49, NW50, NW51, NW52, NY01, NY02, NY03, NY04, NY05, NY06, NY07, NY08, NY09, NY10, NY11, NY12, NY13, NY14, NY15, NY16, NY17, NY18, NY19
SERIAL number ENDING with: JC, JE, JG, JJ, JL, JN, JP, JR, JT, JV, JX, LA, LC, LE, LG, LJ, LL, LN, LP, LR, LT, LV, LX, NA, NC, NE, NG, NJ, NL, NN, NP, NR
For more information on the recall, visit Maytag's website or call 1-800-544-5513.
- NHTSA Administration Recalls Nearly 8 Million Cars; Defective Airbags
- Toyota Recalls Millions of Vehicles
- Two Veterans Recall Comrades, Service
- 1.8 Million Pounds of Ground Beef Recalled
- 4 Million Baby Seats Recalled
- Hyundai recalls 883K Sonatas to fix gear shifters
- Possible E-Coli Contamination Causes Winn-Dixie to Recall Beef
- Publix salad recalled over listeria concerns
- Pet Food Recall
- Day 1, Brandon Scott Trial: Witnesses Recall Events