Deputies: Man Found Hiding In Ceiling Of Fla. Pharmacy
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Hillsborough County authorities believe a man found hiding in the ceiling of a Tampa pharmacy was trying to steal painkillers from the business.
According to the sheriff's office, the man was taken to a Tampa hospital after he was located in the ceiling. It appeared that he had cut his wrist while trying to leave the pharmacy through a window.
Investigators say the man first climbed into a vent and mistakenly entered an insurance company next to the pharmacy. He then climbed back into the ceiling and took some drugs from the pharmacy.
Deputies arrived on the scene after an alarm was triggered.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Deputies: Man Arrested After Stealing Oxycontin Pills At Gainesville Pharmacy
- Deputies: Fla. Woman, Adult Son Stole $2M in Toys
- Deputies: Suspect Who Robbed Gainesville Walgreens Found Dead In His Backyard
- Deputies: Gainesville Man Stalks, Sends Threatening Messages To Two Women
- Deputies: Man Accused Of Stealing Nearly $50,000 From His Workplace
- Deputies: Man Accused Of Cyberstalking, Making Death Threats Towards Victim
- Deputies: Man Tries To Mask Drugs With Lotion, Air Freshener
- Deputies: Man Burglarizes Five Homes On His Own Street
- Missing Fla. Boater's Body Found In Leesburg Lake
- Judge Sends North Fla. Man to Prison for Life