Fla. Man Lends Car To Stranger, Claims Carjacking
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Lending one's truck to a stranger to make a beer run is stupid. Compounding that by telling police you were carjacked is stupider. But, Daytona Beach police say a 33-year-old man did both
He called police May 27 to say possibly armed men ordered him out of the truck while stopped at a light at 4 a.m.
Police reviewed video taken by a camera at the intersection and found nothing. When investigators confronted the alleged victim, he confessed he had lent the truck to a man he'd met while drinking at a motel. He said the man said he wanted to get more beer but never returned.
He told police he lied about the carjacking because he was embarrassed.
He is charged with making a false police report.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Judge Sends North Fla. Man to Prison for Life
- Fla. Man Dies In Skydiving Accident
- Fla. Man Sentenced In Plot To Smuggle Turtles
- Fla. Man Stalks, Kills Diamondback Rattlesnake
- Fla. Man Sentenced to Seven Years For Attacking Wife With Hatchet
- Fla. Man Charged With Stealing Headstone Vases
- Fla. Man Charged With 305 Counts of Child Porn
- Deputies: Man Found Hiding In Ceiling Of Fla. Pharmacy
- Delray Beach Man Attacked Woman, Attempted a Carjacking
- Car Crash Claims Two Children's Lives