Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Fla. Officials Fuming Over Glaring Errors In Tourism Brochure
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Tampa Bay area officials are fuming over glaring errors in a Florida tourism brochure that went out in newspapers last Sunday.
The color brochures stuffed into 1.7 million Florida newspapers put Clearwater Beach in north Florida, the Salvador Dali Museum in Tampa instead of St. Petersburg, and incorrectly refers to the baseball team as the Tampa Devil Rays.
The brochure, intended to persuade Florida residents to vacation in the state, was produced under the auspices of Florida's tourism bureau by a Georgia company, which took responsibility.
The gaffe comes at a time when local hotels are already facing problems attracting customers spooked by the Gulf oil spill.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Fla. Officials Seize 1,200 Pounds Of Marijuana This Week Alone
- Ex-Fla Tourism Official Wanted in Theft Found Dead
- Fla. Court Rules Against Police Over Pot Arrests
- Fla. Gov. to Press President Over Flood Insurance
- Sebelius to Make Stops in Fla. for Health Care Law
- Funeral For Ga. Family Killed In Fla. Crash
- Fla. Teens Charged with Shooting BB Gun at Driver
- Fla. Senate Revises 'Parent Trigger' Proposal
- Fla. College Presidents Given Expensive Perks
- Fla. School Tells Students to Drop Online Classes