K-9 Attacks Kid
A K9 officer unleashed a big problem when his German Shepherd attacked the wrong person.
According to police, Cpl. Tim Durst was responding to a burglary call in northwest Gainesville where 3 people had reportedly broken into a house. When the officer spotted Bryce Bates, age 10, he thought the boy was a suspect.
GPD released information that Durst called to Bryce to stop running. When the 10 year old din't follow orders, Durst released his dog. Bryce wasn't the suspect.
Lt. Larry Seale says the department is reviewing the incident.
Bryce was treated for the dog bites at Shands UF.
- Not the First Time a K-9 Attacked a Juvenile
- New K-9 Vehicles For Levy County Sheriff's Office
- K-9 Units: Cop & Canine Bond
- K-9 Unit at High Springs School
- K-9 Training
- K-9 Quitting Time
- Man Arrested By Use of K-9
- Kids Helping Kids
- Shark Attacks Reach A Decade High
- Woman Accepts Plea Deal For Dog Attack