Lightning Sparks Several Wildfires
Lightning sparked about a dozen wildfires across several North Central Florida counties so far this week. Florida Division of Forestry reports that about 23 have burned so far in June. The lightning that struck this tree started a small fire that came very close burning this house. It took a lot of man power and a lot of teamwork between the Alachua County Fire and Rescue and the Division of Forestry to keep the flames away from the home. While the owners may be counting their blessings, it was more than just luck that saved their house. The fact the house is cinder block and there was a buffer tree free zone of about fifty feet between the house and the forest helped to protect the home.
- Lightning storms spark fires
- Wildfire Then, Wildfire Now?
- Construction Worker Dies After Lightning Strike
- Lightning May Be Cause of Large YMCA Fire
- Lightning Starts House Fire
- Lightning Strikes Ocala Home
- National Lightning Safety Awareness Week
- Proposed Eastside Annexation Sparks Debate
- Westboro Church Radicals' Protests Spark Outrage In Alachua County
- Sparks May still Fly this 4th in Marion County