New Starke Waste Water Treatment Plant
Things might start smelling a little sweeter in Starke. City leaders unveiled their new waste water treatment plant today. The energy efficient facility is one of the first of its kind in the US. It uses less than 80% of the energy the plant does right now. The new system breaks down the solid waste in only 8 hours and what's left is odorless and germ free. The material will be sold to farmers as fertilizer. The total cost was a little more than a million dollars and Starke city leaders say it should pay for itself in less than five years.
- Man Falls Into Water Treatment Plant
- Is Toxic Waste Heading For Your Drinking Water?
- Waste Water Spill Clean-Up
- GRU Officials working to clean 900 Thousand Gallons of Waste Water
- Water Being Wasted in Haile Plantation
- Boil Water Advisory For Starke
- New York Family Still Recovering from Starke Crash
- New Video of Mayor Lowe's DUI Arrest Raises Questions of Preferential Treatment
- New Liver Cancer Treatment
- New Guidelines for Prostate Cancer Treatment and Detection