School Board Votes for Uniforms
It'll be a new school year... with new rules.
Alachua County School Board members voted tonight to require uniforms in school.
Board members voted to require all students, K-12, wear a uniform... but they made the uniforms less restrictive.
Instead of only being allowed to wear a navy or white polo shirt and pants... students may now wear any solid color.
They say the new policy will be more appropriate.. and less distracting.. in the classroom.
The new dress policy also prohibits students from wearing clothing that is too small or too large... with any logo except their school's.
It takes affect this fall.
- Alachua County School Board Debates Implementing School Uniforms
- School Board Approves School Uniforms
- School Board votes to close Waldo Community School
- Alachua County School Board Will Vote on Dress Code
- A Gainesville High School Student Is Helping Other Students With Their School Uniform Needs
- School Uniform Survey in Alachua County
- School Uniform Requirements
- New School Uniform Policy Could Have Unintended Consequences
- County Board Votes on Tax Exemption
- School Board Policy Changes Bring Conflict Among Board Members