School Board Votes for Uniforms
It'll be a new school year... with new rules.
Alachua County School Board members voted tonight to require uniforms in school.
Board members voted to require all students, K-12, wear a uniform... but they made the uniforms less restrictive.
Instead of only being allowed to wear a navy or white polo shirt and pants... students may now wear any solid color.
They say the new policy will be more appropriate.. and less distracting.. in the classroom.
The new dress policy also prohibits students from wearing clothing that is too small or too large... with any logo except their school's.
It takes affect this fall.
- Alachua County School Board Debates Implementing School Uniforms
- School Board Approves School Uniforms
- A Gainesville High School Student Is Helping Other Students With Their School Uniform Needs
- School Uniform Requirements
- New School Uniform Policy Could Have Unintended Consequences
- School Uniform Survey in Alachua County
- School Board Policy Changes Bring Conflict Among Board Members
- CHOICES Advisory Board Holds Special Meeting
- School Board Candidates Discuss Charter Schools
- New Ocala School Board Member Proposes Corporal Punishment in Schools