Teen Gunned Down at Home
Around 9:00 Tuesday morning, medical examiners left the Benwood subdivision in Gainesville with the body of 16-year-old Sebastian Ochsenius.
Alachua county sheriff's deputies say they're investigating a homicide- and are still searching for a suspect.
Ochsenius would be a junior at Buchholz High School in the fall, but his life tragically ended early this morning.
Around 3 AM, deputies received a frantic call from a home on NW 32nd Avenue, saying someone had been shot.
According to deputies, when they arrived, Ochsenius was fatally wounded.
"He was inside the home playing video games with a friend, got up and went into the kitchen there were gunshots and a struggle heard and the father and the friend responded to the kitchen and found him and called 911," said Art Forgey, spokesperson for the Alachua County Sheriffs Office.
Deputies pronounced Ochsenius dead on scene.
So far, deputies say they have no suspect in custody, but they're urging anyone with more information to contact them as soon as possible.
To report information contact Detective Dale Buffenmyer at (352) 367-4188.
Anyone that provides information on this crime that leads to an arrest and seizure of a firearm is eligible for a $1,000 cash reward through the Alachua County Gun Bounty Program.
- Fla. Teens Charged with Shooting BB Gun at Driver
- Three Men Gunned Down in Downtown Ocala, Man Believed to be Responsible in Custody
- Extreme Home Makeover: Tear Down That Home!
- Ocala Police Crack Down on Teens
- Teens Accused of Plotting Murder Sent Home
- Kitchen Problems Temporarily Shut Down Gainesville Retirement Home
- Soldier Leaves for Afghanistan after Home Burns Down
- Police: Ga. Teen Abducted From Home Found Alive
- Billy's "Young Guns" Shoot Down Hatters
- Deputies Forced to Stop Using Stun Guns