Five People Arrested for Medicaid Fraud
The prescription is trouble for a Lake City doctor who is no stranger to the law.
He and four other people who worked at a hospital in Jasper were arrested for Medicaid fraud and money laundering.
In 2009, 65-year-old Yong Am Park of Lake City he was busted for giving prescription drugs to people who weren't sick.
Park also worked in Jasper at Trinity Community Hospital and is in trouble along with the owner of the hospital, Robert A. Krasnow; his father, Robert T. Krasnow; a nurse, Ashley Lane Butler and the hospital administrator, Christina Ortega.
Investigators confirmed the facility admitted Medicaid recipients without medical necessity
They also found that almost $700,000 in state grants dedicated to hospital improvements were actually used to support the corrupt activities.
Across the country, authorities are cracking down on Medicaid fraud, arresting over 90 people Monday.
- Case of Medicaid Abuse and Fraud Unfolds With Fifth Arrest
- Columbia County Woman Arrested for $160,000 In Medicaid Fraud
- Gainesville Woman Could Face 20 Years in Prison if Convicted of Medicaid Fraud
- Two Nursing Home Executives Charged With Medicaid Fraud
- Gainesville Man Accused of Medicaid Fraud
- 31 People Wanted for Food Stamp Fraud at Gainesville Convenience Stores
- Corrections Assistant Arrested for Fraud and Grand Theft
- Alachua County Man Arrested on Numerous Health Care Fraud Charges
- Suspects Arrested in Credit Card Fraud
- Alachua County Man Arrested For SNAP Fraud