Former Police Officer Turns Himself In To Jail
Investigators say an off duty and now former Gainesville Police officer hit an elderly pedestrian in a crosswalk. The officer's blood alcohol level was above the legal limit. Police also say Brett Robison is guilty of video voyeurism, both on and off-duty, but formal charges have not been filed.
Gainesville police say Robison, driving his 2008 Chevy truck, hit a 69-year-old woman crossing Southwest Sixth Street on June 15th. Robison was turning left off of Southwest 16th Avenue with a blood alcohol level of .097. The woman suffered fractures on the skull, hemorrhage in the brain, a contusion behind the ear, a fractured left clavicle, and fractured ribs. She's still in rehab.
"We don't tolerate it. We won't tolerate it," says Gainesville Cpl. Tscharna Senn. "And that's why as soon as we got the results back from the blood draw we immediately filed charges because that is unacceptable."
The president of the Fraternal order of Police, the union that Robison used to belong to, says not only did Robison harm the woman who his car crashed into, he might have harmed every police officer he used to work with.
"If the jury comes back and says that he did the things that he's accused of," says Jeff McAdams, "he victimized every single police officer in the Gainesville Police Department and across the country."
Gainesville police say they won't comment on the video voyeurism allegations because they aren't officially public record yet. They say they released the information anyway because they want the public to know they aren't hiding anything.
- Police: Ocala Man Turns Himself In After Shooting
- Wondy Pierre-Louis Turns Himself in to Police
- Runaway Mom Turns Herself In To The Alachua County Jail
- Former Ocala police officer arrested
- Former Gainesville Police officer Jeff McAdams pleads no contest
- Missing Fla. Lawyer Turns Himself in to FBI
- Southern Pines Murder Suspect Turns Himself In
- Man Turns Himself in for Hit-and-Run
- Suspect in Marion Oaks Shooting shoots himself on I-10
- Man blows up home and burns himself while making meth