Four Major Drug Rings Brought Down
Local agencies announced today in Ocala how they teamed up with state and federal officials to bring down four of our region's biggest drug rings in Operation Eclipse.
The five month investigation led to 34 arrests including Antonio Mathis and Jason Jones who police say were local leaders in the drug rings.
Investigators say about 12 million dollars worth of cocaine, marijuana, and prescription pills were brought into Marion and Citrus county by these gangs every year. Most of the drugs were coming in from Texas.
- Man is Brought Down by Canines in Ocala
- Four Arrested In Alachua Co. Drug Bust
- Oxycodone in Deaths Are Down, But Prescription Pills Still Outnumber Illicit Drugs
- Putnam County deputies crack down on drug dealers
- Major Shift in War on Drugs
- Tragedy of "Invisible Children" Brought Closer to Home For Williston High Students
- Publix Truth Tour Brought Protestors to Publix
- Giant Ancient Crocodile Bones Brought to UF
- Two Families in Different States Brought Together by Balloons
- Brought Together by Technology