Free Dental Care
In a tough economy, it's no surprise people put off things like a trip to the dentist. For about a 100 people, Saturday was a chance to smile just a bit brighter. That is because they received free and much-needed dental care. The "Dentistry from the Heart" event provided everything from routine cleanings to more serious extractions. For many of the people, this was the first time they've been to a dentist in years.
"We've have patients who slept here overnight. My first patient this morning was here at 6PM yesterday afternoon waiting. I had someone drive two and a half hours for dental care," says volunteer Gary Altschuler.
The dentists and volunteers at the event say it was a great opportunity to give back to the community.
- Free dental screenings
- Dental Offices Targeted in Ocala
- Dental Screenings for Head Start Kids
- Associate Dean of UF Dental College Demoted For Relationship With Student
- Dental Data Helps Target Schools
- UF Researchers Developing a Prostate Cancer Care and Survival Model
- 13-year-old Gainesville Boy Sends Care Packages to Navy Seals
- Senator Bill Nelson On Health Care
- Dental X-rays May Cause Tumors
- Dixie County Family Fights AvMed Again For Daughter's Health Care