Greening The Gator Nation And Extending Service
Gainesville's Regional Transit System is rolling out big changes in the way they get riders from point A to B and putting the brakes on traditional fuel.
Come august, one hundred percent of their fleet will run on a bio-diesel fuel blend.
The move began over two years ago through a pilot program funded by the University of Florida.
The expansion will be funded with Department of Transportation stimulus money.
The renewable energy resource increases fuel efficiency while reducing the city's carbon footprint.
In addition to new fuel, the bus service is introducing 17 new models to their fleet.
The new models will reduce the average age of RTS buses from ten years to seven.
- Deadline to Sign Up For Insurance Extended Again
- Greening the Gator Nation And Beyond With Public Transportation
- Veterans Will See Cut in Pensions
- Florida National Guard's 100th Deployment Ceremony Since September 11
- 100 Deployments From The Florida National Guard Since 9-11
- Alachua County Fire... Saving Lives
- Build Green To Save Green
- Going Green to Save some Green
- Growing Green To Save Green
- Can Going Green Save You Some Green?