"Guns and Hoses" Winner
The Alachua County Sheriff's Office won the annual "Guns and Hoses" competition. The event is aimed at raising awareness about the need for blood donations. Representatives from community blood center LifeSouth say 1,000 donations are needed every week in order to ensure a safe blood supply.
The Alachua County Sheriff's Office had a total of 57 donations. It's a win that Sheriff Sadie Darnell is happy about.
"There is a lot of pride in this from the stand point of winning not once but now a second time in a row," said Sheriff Darnell. "People stepped up to the plate and did what needed to be done."
Along with mobile blood donation sites, LifeSouth has two centers open seven days a week in Gainesville.
- Condo Owners Get Hosed by Weak Plastic Toilet Valves
- One Class at a Time: Meet May Winner Antonia Brewster
- GRU and WCJB Home Makeover Winner!
- Local Beauty Paquent Winner Raises Awareness About Eating Disorders
- 45th Amalie Oil Gatornationals Crowns Winners
- One Class at a Time: Meet December 13' Winner Judith Weaver
- One Class at a Time: Meet November Winner Dena Robinson
- One Class at a Time: Meet October Winner Joseph Dickens
- One Class at a Time: Meet September 13' Winner Jane Walsh
- One Class at a Time: Meet June Winner Tiffany White