Man Arrested In Abuse Case
A Gainesville man is behind bars after police say he gave a 19-month old child severe head injuries.
Police say 28-year old Richard Wright was watching his girlfriend's toddler on June 24th when he told police he was taking her upstairs to put her to bed when Wright says he fell and the child hit her head.
The toddler was taken to the hospital to be treated, but doctors determined that the injuries to the child did not match Wright's story.
Wright was arrested on Friday.
"One minute this child is running around playing when the mother left to go to work and the next call she gets, her child is unconscious and severely injured," said Gainesville Police Cpl. Tscharna Senn.
The toddler has been in the hospital since June 24th in a vegetative state.
Wright is charged with aggravated child abuse.
- Case of Medicaid Abuse and Fraud Unfolds With Fifth Arrest
- Suspect Arrested in Putnam County Animal Abuse Case
- Lake City Man Arrested for Child Abuse
- Gainesville Man Arrested for Animal Abuse
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Child Abuse, Arrested
- Umatilla Man Arrested for Abuse
- Hawthorne Man Arrested in Connection to Human Trafficking Case
- Ocala Man Arrested in Child Porn Case
- Child Abuse Cases In Levy County
- Officials Admit Mistake in Child Abuse Case