Man Hospitalized After 15-Foot Fall From Tree
With hurricane season ready to swing into high gear, its time to trim dangerous branches from trees around your house. But the act of trimming a tree became dangerous for one man, now in the hospital.
Firefighters say a man, who neighbors say is 67-year-old Bob Edmonson, fell out of a tree in his front yard while trying to take down some branches. The fall was about 15 feet. Alachua County Fire Rescue Lt. Pat Morris responded to the call and says when he got there the injured man was conscious and talking.
"He was somewhat confused," said Lt. Morris, "you know a little bit about how he ended up where he was on the ground and the events, which is common."
The situation was risky for firefighters as well. Lt. Morris said a branch had been cut from the tree, but was still dangling above the man on the ground.
"I had concern over me and my crew and the patient so we kinda expedited our assessment of the patient."
Bob Edmonson is listed in stable condition at the hospital tonight.
- Teen Dies After 50-Foot Fall While Working For Tree Service
- Man arrested after kidnapping and raping a woman from a hospital
- One Woman Dead After Tree Falls on Home
- Broken Family to Relocate After Tree Falls on Home
- Gainesville Family Gets Rude Awakening After Tree Falls on House
- Questions raise after tree falls on home
- Columbia County woman dies after tree falls on home
- 1 injured after tree falls on car in roadway
- Released from hospital after 378 days
- Man Dies After Car Hydroplanes, Crashes Into Trees