Murder Investigation Hits A Wall
They don't have much to go on.
A week after a Gainesville teenager was shot and killed in his home... Alachua County Sheriff's deputies are not much closer to finding the
Last Tuesday morning, 16-year-old Sebastian Ochsenius was shot to death inside his home in the Benwood Subdivision in Northwest Gainesville.
A back door to the home had been left unlocked, and the Buchholz High School student was killed when he went to the
At a special briefing today, detectives admitted that, so far, their investigation has turned up no motive.
"We are struggling," said Lt. Steve Maynard. "And we're hopeful that we'll get that big break, get that one tip, one key lead that we'll be able to follow up on that will provide our big break in this case."
Detectives are analyzing forensic evidence and conducting additional interviews.
Tuesday evening the sheriff's office released the 911 call made by Boris Ochsenius moments after his son was shot. The five-and-a-half minute recording is at times disturbing. After a lengthy review, we hear no new information that TV 20 has not already reported and believe it adds no value to the reporting of this story. So at this time, we have decided not to broadcast it.
- Murder Suicide Investigation in Cross City
- Levy County Murder Investigation
- Murder Investigation
- Ocala Murder Investigation
- Investigators Searching For Gainesville Woman's Murderer
- Detectives Investigate Murder-Suicide
- Gainesville Police Investigating Fourth Murder this Year Near Southern Pines Apartments
- Son Charged With Murdering His Own Father, Police Investigating Motive
- Gilchrist County Murder Investigation Continues
- Columbia County Murder Investigation