New Skimmers Found
The next time you pull up to the pump, you may want to go inside the gas station to pay. Two more skimmers were found in Alachua County. The Gainsville Police Department located the devices at the Kangaroo gas station on the corner of SW 34th Street and SE Williston Road. Police were first alerted about the devices after being called by service personnel. Skimmers are small electronic devices that copy credit card information as customers swipe their cards at the pump. Police are working to locate anyone whose information may have been taken.
""It is an ongoing investigation. The Alachua County Sheriff's office is involved. The Secret Service has also got involved because of the magnitude of the situation," saya Detective Matt Goeckel of the Gainesville Police Department.
Police say to notify them if you think anything is suspicious about a card reader.
- Two More Skimmers Found in Gas Pumps
- Gas Pump Skimmer Scam
- Gas Stations Fight Skimmers
- "Just the Tip of the Iceberg" in Skimmer Case
- Card Skimmer at Jonesville Publix ATM
- Frenchman Found Dead in New York Hotel
- West Nile Virus Found in Alachua County
- Weapons, Explosives Found in Dorm at UCF
- Skeletal remains found on Newberry Road
- Aguilar Family Believes Son's Remains Have Been Found