Pet Care Clinic Going Strong After Three Years
A pet clinic in Gainesvillle is making sure all pets, no matter the owner's income, receive good, quality care.
In fact, they've been doing so every week for the last three years. Every Tuesday, the St. Francis House Pet Care Clinic opens its doors to those qualifying pet owners whose pets need care.
The clinic is the brainchild of Dr. Dale Kaplan-Stein and Chris Machen, the wife of UF President Bernie Machen. After talking about the idea for some time, the two finally took action.
"My vision was to really take care of the pets who didn't have vet care. In doing so, I would pay forward to their owners then hopefully we can get the owners to buy in to the care and responsibility that they owed these pets," says Kaplan-Stein.
The clinic runs completely on donations. For more information, visit its website by clicking here.
- One Year After FBI Raid of Gainesville Clinic and Still no Answers
- Two UF Primary Care Clinics to Close in Columbia County
- New Pet Clinic Approved
- 13-year-old Gainesville Boy Sends Care Packages to Navy Seals
- First Votes For Health Care Bill Expected After 2 p.m.
- Three-Year-Old Child Mauled To Death By Dog
- Three-year-old Boy Found Dead at Bottom of Abandoned Pool
- Three Weeks After Deadly Tornado
- Four Arrested after Three Attempted Home Invasions
- Center Stage Closes After Three Decades