Pet Care Clinic Going Strong After Three Years
A pet clinic in Gainesvillle is making sure all pets, no matter the owner's income, receive good, quality care.
In fact, they've been doing so every week for the last three years. Every Tuesday, the St. Francis House Pet Care Clinic opens its doors to those qualifying pet owners whose pets need care.
The clinic is the brainchild of Dr. Dale Kaplan-Stein and Chris Machen, the wife of UF President Bernie Machen. After talking about the idea for some time, the two finally took action.
"My vision was to really take care of the pets who didn't have vet care. In doing so, I would pay forward to their owners then hopefully we can get the owners to buy in to the care and responsibility that they owed these pets," says Kaplan-Stein.
The clinic runs completely on donations. For more information, visit its website by clicking here.
- One Year After FBI Raid of Gainesville Clinic and Still no Answers
- Mental Health Care System, One Year After Sandy Hook Shooting
- Urgent Care Clinic Coming to Chiefland
- Two UF Primary Care Clinics to Close in Columbia County
- Three Years After Sebastian Ochsenius Is Killed, Best Friend Speaks Up
- Three years after deadly I-75 pileup, survivor breaks silence
- After three years, Thomas pleads to murder of Rosemary Jenkins
- Panhandle Shore Lines Rebuilding Three Years after Gulf Oil Spill
- Lawtey recovering after strong storm
- New Pet Clinic Approved