Quick Response Saves Life- Earns Honor
Wes McQueen knew since he was a kid he wanted to be a firefighter, what he didn't know was that one day he would impact a North Central Florida family for the rest of their lives.
Last September McQueen, along with a crew from Gainesville's Fire Station 2 responded to a fire raging in the Northwood Pines area.
Seventy one year old Annette Roberts was trapped inside and firefighters were having a tough time finding the grandmother.
McQueen was desperately searching for Roberts when he turned a corner, looked down a hall and spotted her.
He was able to pull her to safety and save her life.
McQueen, whose father was also a firefighter, was honored for saving Roberts life by the Florida State Association of Firefighters as the Florida's Firefighter of the year.
McQueen has been with the station for 8 years.
- "Pals for Life" Saved a Life
- Student Dies After Saving Schoolmate's Life In Crash
- GPD Officer Saves Teen's Life
- ASO Deputies Save Life
- Heroic Rescue Saves A Life
- Dog Saves Woman's Life
- An ASO Deputy's Life-Saving Vision
- Helicopter Mission Sets out to Save a Life, Loses Three
- Deputy Saves Life Of Shriner, Paying It Forward
- The Free Screening That Could Save Your Life