Cal Ripken World Series Hits Ocala
Baseball players sometimes call games in the August heat the dog days of summer. The city of Ocala is hoping those dog days turn into dollar days as it prepares to host it's first ever Cal Ripken world series.
Both grounds crew and players are getting ready at the Rotary Sportsplex in Ocala. The 10 best teams age 10 and under from all across the country will play a 24 game tournament on a newly upgraded field.
Officals say the event will add about 750 thousand dollars to the local economy. The first game is Friday the 13th at noon.
The Ocala Venom play their first game Friday at 7pm.
- Six Remain at Babe Ruth World Series
- Games cancelled due to bad weather during Babe Ruth World Series
- New Details in Ocala Hit and Run
- Potter Mania Hit Downtown Ocala
- Ocala Home Hit by Home-Made Acid Bomb
- Home improvement expo hits Ocala
- Water bill hike hitting Ocala
- Ocala Honor Flight pt 2
- World War II Planes Come To Ocala
- Two Storms Hit Mexico