Church Plans To Burn The Koran
A local church known for controversy is planning to commemorate September 11th by making a burning statement. Members of the Dove World Outreach Center plan to burn the Koran. Pastor Terry Jones with the center says,"it is to remember those who were murdered."
The center has been known to make statements regarding sexual orientation, abortion and especially target the islamic faith. Gainesville leaders feel the church is an embarrassment to the community. City officials are concerned what may happen if things get out of hand. Gainesville police are planning to meet Monday about taking extra security measures.
- Pastor Defended Koran Burning After Deadly Riots
- Church Burned In Levy County
- Official Tries to Explain Koran Burning in Afghanistan
- As Neighborhood Protestors Rally, Church Plans to Add More Signs
- City Plan Board Grants Church Permit to Buy Dove World Outreach's Land
- Woman Trapped In Burning Home Dies, Unique Tribute Planned
- News Coverage of Koran Controversy
- Local Wildfires Keep Burn Ban in Effect: Clay County Blaze Now Burning
- 3 Dead After Church Van Crashes on I-10
- Lake City Pastor Speaks Out About His Church's Nativity Scene