Cyber Hook-Up Turns Lock-Up in High Springs
An internet hook up turned into a lock up in High Springs late Monday night.
It started when a 12-year-old snuck out of her house in High Springs last night, and ended with the arrest of a 22-year-old man from Gainesville.
A little before 11:00 monday night, a concerned neighbor called police, reporting a suspicious vehicle in the parking lot of a High Springs church. Not too long after, police pulled over that "suspicious car" a few miles from the church.
Inside the car was a 12-year-old girl, dressed only in her night gown, and 22-year-old Robert Bilus.
According to police, a condom was found in the car, but was not used.
Bilus was arrested and is being charged with, Contributing to delinquency of a child----a misdemeanor.
"That's really all we can charge him with at this time, because no law has been violated," said High Springs Police Chief James Troiano, "We believe we were early enough in our investigation to prevent a serious crime from occurring," he said.
- Men Hooked for Spear fishing in Salt Springs
- High School Lock Down Ends
- Racist rant turned apology - Gainesville High teen releases new video
- Habitat for Humanity in High Springs
- First K9 Officer Joins High Springs Police Department
- High Springs Police Officer Back at Work
- Art in High Springs City Hall
- High Springs Issues Response to PBA Demands
- High Springs Fire Service Contract to End Wednesday
- High Springs Firefighters and Alachua County Appear Close to Agreement