Fish Kill At Santa Fe Lake
Thousands of Threadfin Shad fish bellied up over the weekend at Santa Fe Lake. Investigators with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission believe it's when algae in the water can no longer get energy from the sun, they use the oxygen in the water. Most species usually go deeper into the water where there is more oxygen, but the shad prefer to stay on the surface. It could take up to three to four days before the fish decompose. Residents hope that will happen before Labor day weekend.
- Fish Kill in Lake City
- Newnans Lake Fish Harvest
- Hundreds of fish dead in Columbia County lake
- FWC: Fish Orlando App Shows Maps of Lakes
- Thousands of Fish Killed in Gulf by Red Tide
- Fish Fraud: Do You Know Where Your Fish Comes From?
- Lake City Store Clerk Killed
- Lake City Police Officer Shoots, Kills Armed Driver at DUI Checkpoint
- Lake City woman killed in early morning crash
- Officials: Drunk Driver Hits, Kills Lake City Woman