Gainesville Landmark Comes Apart A Piece At A Time
The former Shands at AGH no longer treats patients, but it will still be a useful part of the community.
A construction crew began demolition on Shands' two AGH buildings in November of last year and now the project is a third of the way complete.
The crew is working to remove tons of steel, debris and concrete that have been exposed to asbestos and water damage.
While AGH will no longer be serving the community, they will continue to give back.
Ninety six percent of the building materials will be recycled.
The demolition will be completed in Decemember of this year to pave the way for UF's Innovation Hub to begin construction on the same site.
- Local Landmark Torn Down In Pieces
- Gainesville home being considered a landmark
- Drug Bust at Gainesville Apartment
- Shooting at Gainesville Apartment Complex Lands One Man Behind Bars
- Black Mold Found in Gainesville Apartments
- Woman Shot And Killed At Gainesville Apartment Complex
- Gainesville Police Investigating Fourth Murder this Year Near Southern Pines Apartments
- Gainesville Apartment Scam
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Investigating Second Recent Fire in Apartment
- Bed Bug Infestation In Northeast Gainesville Apartment