Hot Kickoff to Girls World Series
There was no shortage of passion at the kickoff games of the Babe Ruth Girls World Series in Alachua today. Despite the near 105 heat index, fans cheered on their teams. The softball teams have traveled from as far away as Washington State and New Hampshire to compete in this "once-in-a-lifetime" opportunity. Parents and coaches worked to ensure all the girls remained hydrated.
"I hydrated the girls the day before with plenty of water and Gatorade," said parent Nancy Bennett.
The World Series tournament runs until Saturday August 14th at the Hal Brady Alachua Recreation Complex.
- Six Remain at Babe Ruth World Series
- Games cancelled due to bad weather during Babe Ruth World Series
- 2 Teenage Girls Killed in Asiana Crash Landing
- Florida dad arrested after baby dies in hot car
- Hot Tubs Stolen at Truck Stop
- Making Cold Cases Hot Again
- Hot Tubs Stolen at Truck Stop Follow Up
- Hot Costumes
- City, county play hot potato with fire rescue
- Local Program Helps Hot Seniors Cool Off