"Just the Tip of the Iceberg" in Skimmer Case
One man finally arrived to the Alachua County Jail today. He is accused of fraud in connection with recently found skimmers throughout the area. Police say this arrest is just the beginning. Luis Orlando Martinezroque arrived early Friday morning at the jail. He was extradited from Central Florida and charged with two counts of fraud. His bond is set at $100,000. Police told TV20 News this case is anything but over and believe a large scale fraud ring is behind the skimmers.
"I do think this is just the tip of the iceberg in a large investigation that within the next week to 10 days is really going to unfold fast," said Alachua County Sheriff's Office Spokesperson Art Fogery.
Even though there has been an arrest, if your information has already been stolen it may still be used.
- More Than Just A "Flasher" Says Victim
- Deadly I-4 Shooting Was a Case of "Mistaken Identity"
- Marion County has a case of "Horse Fever"
- Gas Pump Skimmer Scam
- New Skimmers Found
- Card Skimmer at Jonesville Publix ATM
- Two More Skimmers Found in Gas Pumps
- Gas Stations Fight Skimmers
- Credit card skimmers are back
- Answers To Hurricane Season, Just A Click Away