Longer Day at School
It's a 700-million dollar boost to Florida's pubic schools, but educators aren't getting too excited just yet.
Florida is one of nine states set to receive a piece of a $4 billion federal, "Race to the Top" grant. However, educators say the money comes with strings attached.
Early estimates show Alachua county will receive about one million dollars per year, for four years-and this money may extend a trend...extending days at low performing schools.
- School Board Considers Longer Thanksgiving Holiday
- Alternative Site for Homeless One Stop Center No Longer An Option
- CyberKnife Treatment May Not be Covered Much Longer by Medicare
- UF No Longer Best State University
- They No Longer Qualify for CHOICES
- Racist Rant Girls "No Longer Students at GHS"
- Volunteers No Longer Needed In Search For Missing UF Student
- Damontre Harris No Longer With Gators
- First day of school
- Marion Schools Make-Up Days