Neighborhood Gangs in Gainesville
A Gainesville teenager should have returned to school today. However, he spent the day with doctors who were assessing his injuries. The injuries are the result of a weekend gang attack. Police and family say the 17 year old tried to avoid the young men involved but was confronted at his residence. The teenager was beaten so severely that he lost an eye. He faces a long road to recovery involving many surgeries. Only one man has been charged in the case. The victim's aunt hopes more witnesses will come forward.
"If anybody knows anything about the names of any of the boys that came... not just the one that got caught. Please feel free and let someone know because put yourself in our shoes. What if this was your son?" said guardian Christina Holmes.
To see more about the gang situation in Gainesville, watch the video to your right.
- Gang Violence In Gainesville
- Gainesville Neighborhood Offers To Pay Higher Taxes To Repair Roads
- Gainesville Homeowner Outraged By Neighborhood Association Fines
- Increased Patrols In Gainesville Neighborhood Lead To Harassment Claims
- Sex Offender Arrested in Gainesville Neighborhood
- Florida League of Cities Employees Beautify Gainesville Neighborhood
- Ducks to be Removed from Historic Duck Pond Neighborhood in Gainesville
- Bear on the Loose in Kirkwood Neighborhood in Southwest Gainesville
- Marion County Gang Unit Hits The Streets To Crack Down On Gang Activity
- Marion County Gang Unit