A total of three sinkholes have opened up in Ocala since Friday... two of the sinkholes were in a residential neighborhood. Scary, nerveracking, and upsetting are some of the words residents used to describe a massive sinkhole that opened up in the Fore Ranch neighborhood in Ocala yesterday.
Part of a path and 25 foot tree have been swallowed up by the hole which is over 80 feet wide and as deep as 50 feet. One homeowner says sinkholes are no stranger to this subdivision, and that has some worried about property values. Police are watching the area and are hoping along with residents this is the last time they'll need to monitor a hole in the ground. Crews are expected to begin repairs Monday, weather permitting.
- Sinkhole Debate
- Levy Sinkhole
- No Sinkholes Detected on Local Road
- Schools Soaked With Sinkholes
- Sinkholes Appear in Jonesville
- Sinkhole Danger Not Over
- Sinkhole Near Suwannee County Courthouse
- Child Climbs Out Of Sinkhole
- Cluster of Sinkholes in Suwannee County Leaves Man at the Mercy of FEMA
- Driver Escapes after Haile Plantation Sinkhole Swallows Jeep