Police Want You To Pause For Pedestrians
Gainesville's Police Department is campaigning for drivers to take caution around crosswalks!
GPD was out patrolling heavily trafficked areas of town to make sure that people are yielding to pedestrians.
The department's goal is not to issue a lot of tickets, but to improve safety and save lives.
Each year an average of 140 pedestrians are injured in Gainesville and Florida has one of the highest rates of injury in the nation.
- State Lawmakers Push Pause on Creation of 4-Year Degrees at State Colleges
- Opening of Bob Graham Center for Public Service Gives Pause to Former Governors
- Wanted Alabama Suspect Located in Levy County, Attacks Police Officer
- Police Standoff Created as Wanted Man Barricades Himself Inside Jonesville Area Home
- University Police Want to Extend Jurisdiction
- Pedestrian Struck and Killed on Florida's Turnpike
- Pedestrian Killed on 13th Street - Are Our Roads Safe?
- Pedestrian Killed While Crossing Street
- Pedestrian Who Was Hit By Vehicle Dies
- Driver Strikes Pedestrian