Program Helps Girls Find Their Way
The first day of school is still a few weeks away for Alachua County students but this isn't stopping some schools from giving groups of girls a warm welcome.
"Passages", a girl scout sponsored program geared towards helping girls transition smoothly into their sixth grade year... finished its last day at Howard Bishop middle school.The girls were taught time management, how to use a combination lock and how to find their way around campus.
Registration is still open for the program's session next week at Westwood middle school.
Program costs are $40 and financial assisstance is available.
For more information, visit www.girlscouts-gateway.org
- UF masters student creates program to help student athletes find scholarships
- Passages Program Helps Young Girls
- Teachers and Legislators Work to Find Ways to Combat Cyber Bullying
- LaCrosse officials finding ways to keep fire station open
- UF Health researchers find way to slow brain tumor
- Changes on the Way for Boys and Girls Club Field
- Jury Finds Man Not Guilty of Touching Young Girl
- ASO Deputies Find Missing Man with Lifesaver Program
- "TXT 4 HELP" Program Aims to Help Teens in Crisis
- United Way to Help Tornado Victims