"Sergeant Ricky Lord Road" - State Road 26 Renamed
Part of State Road 26 was designated "Veterans Memorial Highway" and "Sergeant Ricky Lord Road." The road was named after a North Central Florida Marine who gave his life for his country. In 2004, Sergeant Richard M. Lord was killed in Iraq on his second tour of duty. Family and friends remember Lord as someone who could make anyone feel special. Lord's mother, Karen Latham, said today's event should remind everyone of the sacrifices being paid by men and women in uniform.
"There are still men and women losing their lives everyday," said Latham. "If you know a family who has someone in the military, take just a second to tell them that I'm thinking about you, I'm praying for you, or you're on my mind."
To see more of today's ceremony and how Lord's mother and friends remember him, click the video on the right.
- "Dan's Day Trip Goes on the Road"
- Florida Sergeant With "Foot Fetish" Facing Sex Changes
- Gainesville Raceway Renamed
- A Community Helps Rebuild a Army Sergeant's Home
- School Named after KKK Leader Might be Renamed
- Oyster Calamity In Cedar Key
- Inverness man killed in crash in Marion County
- Hospital program uses the arts to help patients
- Retired Marine Sergeant Back Home in Florida
- Street Renamed After Fallen Hero