UF No Longer Best State University
The University of Florida is no longer the state's top university. According to the new college rankings released by U.S. News and World Report, the University of Florida fell six spots, to number 53 in the 2011 rankings of national universities.
"given the types of budget cuts we've seen, we kind of expected something might change this year, but after we got a chance to sit down and look at the numbers, we kind of realized, that what had actually occurred was, we stayed the same, our indicators revealed that other schools had moved up past us," said Steve Orlando, university spokesperson.
For the first time in history, the University of Miami passed UF, and is the top university in Florida. Some of UF's individual programs also took a hit. The university's engineering program fell six spots to 32nd place, and the undergrad business program is 28th in the nation, three spots lower than last year, but is still the highest ranking program in the state.
U.S. News surveys college administrators in determining it's rankings, and for the first time this year, the opinions of high school counselors.
Graduation and retention rates, faculty resources, financial resources, and alumni giving, were are factors.
- Florida Bridges Ranked Among Best in Bridge Care
- Can UF Handle A Situation Like The FSU Shooting?
- Zimmerman Attorneys No Longer Representing Him
- Carnival Ships Out Of Service Longer Than Expected
- Senate Bill Aims At Longer Sentencing For Sexual Predators
- Casey Anthony no Longer on Probation
- Volunteers No Longer Needed In Search For Missing UF Student
- School Board Considers Longer Thanksgiving Holiday
- Damontre Harris No Longer With Gators
- Racist Rant Girls "No Longer Students at GHS"