Alachua County Students Score High on SAT
For the 3rd year in a row, Alachua County students scored the highest of the 67 counties in the state when it comes to one college placement test. Out of a possible perfect score of 2400 on the SAT, the national average was 1497. Florida's average was 1467. Alachua County's average was higher than both state and national averages at 1637. A high SAT score could mean the difference between getting into one college or another.
"Students that have a good score on this should rest assured that if they combine it with dedication and hard work they can become anything they want to be," said Alachua County Schools Superintendent Dan Boyd.
The Superintendent credits good teaching, parental support, and student motivation as reasons for the high scores. To see more on this story, watch the video to your right.
- Buchholz High School student earns perfect SAT score
- AP and SAT scores in North Central Florida
- Search for Missing Student Reaches High and Low with Help from Joint Aviation Unit
- Four Perfect SAT Scores For Alachua County
- Eastside Students Score High in Math Competition
- Eastside High school student earns perfect score on ACT
- North Central Florida public high schools rank nationally
- High speed chase leads to manhunt
- Two High School Students Bring Loaded Shotgun to Class
- Trial For UF Student Murder Case Set To August 4th