Fill The Boot For Muscular Dystrophy
Since 1954 firefighters nationwide have taken to the streets with boots in hand raising money for Muscular Dystrophy raising over half a billion dollars. Those efforts are making a difference here in north central Florida.
Marion County Fire Rescue raised nearly 43 thousand dollars in three days during their Fill The Boot Campaign.
A woman suffering from Pompe Disease, a rare form of Muscular Dystrophy paid firefighters a visit to say thank you. The money raised helped fund the research for the new drug Monique Griffin uses for treatment.
TV-20 will broadcast the M-D-A telethon starting Sunday night, and running all day Labor Day.
- 5-K Run for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Local Leaders 'Locked Up' for Muscular Dystrophy Fundraiser
- "Fill the Boot" Faces the Boot
- Gainesville Firefighters are Trying to "Fill the Boot"
- Filling the Boot
- Booting vs Towing
- Marion County Firefighters "Pass The Boot", looking to make a difference
- TV20 Reporters Hit the Trenches in Boot Camp: Day One
- Lawmakers Put on Their Riding Boots
- Children's Miracle Network Family Boot Camp