Gainesville Boy's Baby Photo Seen Around the World
From Gainesville to the world, a single photograph of a smiling baby has made a remarkable journey to become one of the most recognizable images in another culture halfway around the globe. 10 year old Stephen Rout's baby picture taken in 2000 has spread across countries after his dad posted it to his personal internet page almost a decade ago. The image seems to have resonated with the Japanese people appearing on YouTube videos to even on what appears to be a game show. It is the recreation of Stephen with a star burst behind him perhaps seen the most. The family didn't find out about the image's wide spread popularity until a couple months ago.
"You expect things to be happening on the other side of the world but you don't expect them to involve you," said Stephen's mom Christine Rout.
The family says unlike most internet sensations they aren't trying to make any money off the photo. They've just been intrigued by what has happened. To see the full report, watch the video to you right.
- Health Expert Describes Sedative's Side Effects; Police Investigate Boy's Death
- Human Remains Found In Missing Boy's Yard
- Thousands of Letter Openers From Around The World On Display
- Getting Around Gainesville Now A Little More Difficult
- Horse Meat Test Kits Sent Around the World Made in Gainesville
- Flip floppin' around
- Mother Arrested for Baby Daughter's Murder
- Officials Say, Baby Should've Been Taken To "Safe Haven"
- 13-year-old Gainesville Boy Sends Care Packages to Navy Seals
- Boy With 'Germ Cell Tumor' Receives Community Support