Residents in Hawthorne are lucky after a fire spread through the neighborhood Monday, just barely missing some of the homes. Firefighters from numerous agencies arrived at the vacant lot off of Southeast 57th Ave. Monday around 3pm. Upon arrival, their was a double wide mobile home and pile of junk on fire. It took fire fighters about 45 minutes to put out. Neighbors say the blaze was about 15 feet high and it damaged four to five acres.
- Hawthorne's former Fire Chief accused of fraud.
- Hawthorne Fire Station Disbands
- House in Hawthorne Catches on Fire
- Hawthorne's City Manager Fired
- Hawthorne Loses Fire Department
- Hawthorne Man Accused of Making Death Threats, Firing Gun Shots
- U.S. 301 in Hawthorne Closing for a Week
- Hawthorne Water Tower Comes Down
- Hawthorne School Works On Improvements, But Not Everyone Pleased
- Hawthorne Mural Draws Attention to Medical Help