John Kalisz Hearing
A hearing was held today in Dixie County for the trial of John Kalisz.
Kalisz is the suspect for three homicides occurring in January of this year. He went on a shooting spree killing two women in Hernando County and seriously injuring two others. He continued to Cross City where he stopped at a BP gas station and Deputies engaged in fire with Kalisz.
During the shootout, Dixie County Sheriff's Captain Chad Reed was shot and killed. Today, the defense motioned to suppress some of the evidence the state has against the defendent.
Defense attorney, Bill Salmon, wants to throw out recordings of an interview law enforcement had with Kalisz while he was still in the hospital recovering from gun shot wounds. Salmon argued that his client was heavily medicated and was unable to respond accurately during the interview.
No decision was made today whether the court will throw out the evidence because the state still has to make their argument regarding the motion.
- John Kalisz Hearing For The Murder of Dixie County Capt. Chad Reed
- John Kalisz dies in prison
- Kalisz Indictment
- Kalisz Medical Bills
- Kalisz Returns to Cross City for Court Appearance
- John Kalisz's Murder Trial Could Be Delayed
- John Kalisz Will Stand Trial For The Murder Of Captain Chad Reed
- Kalisz Pleads Guilty in Shooting Death of Chad Reed
- Kalisz Sentenced to Life
- 48th Annual Gatornationals