John Kalisz Hearing For The Murder of Dixie County Capt. Chad Reed
Today's hearing was a continuation of September 16th's, when the defense motioned to suppress some of the evidence the state has against the defendent, John Kalisz.
The evidence the defense wants thrown out are video and audio recordings of a statement law enforcement had with Kalisz while he was in the hospital. Defense attorney, Bill Salmon, says his client was heavily medicated on a drug called Seroquel. State Prosecutor, Dave Phelps, then argued that the drug's side effects would not have hindered him from making an accurate statement and that it's side effects are similar to the over-the-counter drug Benadryl.
Both sides presented their final arguments on the motion and the court will review all evidence before making a final ruling on October 14th.
- Capt. Chad Reed Funeral and Visitation Information
- John Kalisz Will Stand Trial For The Murder Of Captain Chad Reed
- Dixie County Honors Fallen Captain Chad Reed
- Dixie County Hosts 5K Run To Remember Captain Chad Reed
- Kalisz Pleads Guilty in Shooting Death of Chad Reed
- Capt. Turnace Brown To Be Buried
- John Kalisz Hearing
- John Kalisz dies in prison
- Dixie County Murder
- John Kalisz's Murder Trial Could Be Delayed